Consular Report of Birth Abroad

Fulfil the requirements:

  1. The child is born outside the United States to a u.s. citizen parent.
  2. The child is under 18 years old.
  3. The u.s. citizen parent meets the u.s. physical presence requirement.

Collect the supporting documents:

Your attorney collects the documents which you will need to present at the u.s. embassy or consulate in your country.

Appointment at the U.S. Embassy:

Your attorney schedules the first available appointment at the u.s. embassy or consulate.

Receive CRBA and U.S. passport:

A crba is not a travel document, so you will also need a u.s. passport. Both applications will be handled at your scheduled appointment.

Complete the application forms:

Your attorney prepares and submits the application forms for the CRBA and U.S. passport.

All said and explained in this article does not constitute a legal opinion and does not replace legal advice. Responsibility for using the wordings and opinions conveyed in this article relies solely and entirely on the reader.

 This article was written by Dotan Cohen Law Offices, working in the field of immigration law in Israel, the United States and Canada.